Monday, February 19, 2007

cheers on your birthday, and peace on your deathday

today is my friend julie's 35th birthday...she's a wonderful person who is adopting a little boy from the country of nepal, who has a policy that adoptive parents be 35 or older...so a big fucking congratulations to you, julie!!! you're probably the happiest person i've ever known to turn 35...hehe and i can't wait to meet this little guy who has been a screen saver on my computer for over a year...

today is also the day i said good-bye to my foster rabbit, runaround su. he was one of my buns from the spca seizure and he had e. cunniculi (which i am probably spelling wrong, but that would be how you'd spell it if it was spelled the way it sounds....). i had been treating him for the last five weeks with medication to see if it would halt the progression of the disease for him, as it is not curable. he was always dizzy feeling...tracked with his eyes (think dizzy little kid after you spin them), walked in circles, his head was tilted. and he'd gotten worse over the course of treatment...couldn't stand on his back legs without falling over and rolling spent most of his time in his litterbox just kind of hunkered down. so the vet suggested euthanizing. it was harder than i expected and i can feel myself kind of avoiding the feelings i am so surprised are there, but still don't know what to do with. this whole fostering effort has left me a bit emotional and drained and worn and exhilarated...but maybe it's just my period is coming?... i honestly don't even know these days...

so much coming, so much going...which is which? we're packing a bit these days. working on cleaning up. trying to get organized... i'm just avoiding contact... ugh...help me, help me, help me...

peace out

No comments: