Friday, January 9, 2009

karma?

i just want to say that right now, tonight, this moment, i would like to have the biggest, most universal tantrum in the world...screaming, crying, hitting, kicking...even getting so upset i throw up sounds good.

part of it is that the teenager i was gushing about yesterday had his own tantrum today...and no, it wasn't like the one of my desire that i just described. by comparison, his was really pretty mellow. and i honestly did understand where it was coming from. he was really, really worn out from working out so hard last night and our robotics team moral is challenging, there's a lot of tension...the other coach is getting sick, too...which is enough to scare some instant appreciation into me because the thought of taking this team to competition tomorrow without her scares the hell out of me. (i have always appreciated her, even when her methods drive me nutso, just fyi)

communication through the tantrum went alright...i actually think we did fairly well navigating that minefield we hadn't been on since he was, what? two? but feeling things turned out fairly well does not seem to replace what gets drained in trying to handle a situation like that in a calm, fair, reasonable way...i end up feeling almost completely unhinged by the end of the evening.

i'm exaggerating...a little. but i really am worn out...really, really worn out. emotionally. my spouse is not helping matters today, either. i think he would say he's not trying to help my matters...to which i would respond "NO SHIT"....but this conversation is only happening in my head and i should probably cut it out before i piss myself off more.

all this to say...here's a song my nephews introduced me to that my children recorded and i've listened to a few times the past few days and it struck me as a possible theme lately...i'll post the lyrics after...i'm not sure why he's picking on jamaican scam artists, though...i guess he just likes saying it, to be honest...not that he's all that easy to understand in this song anyway (for me anyway)...

I backed my car into a cop car the other day.
Well he just drove off, sometimes life's OK.
I ran my mouth off a bit too much, oh what did I say?
Well you just laughed it off, it was all OK.

And we'll all float on OK. And we'll all float on OK.
And we'll all float on OK. And we'll all float on anyway.

Well, a fake Jamaican took every last dime with that scam.
It was worth it just to learn some sleight of hand.
Bad news comes, don't you worry even when it lands.
Good news will work its way to all them plans.
We both got fired on exactly the same day.
Well we'll float on, good news is on the way.

And we'll all float on OK. And we'll all float on OK.
And we'll all float on OK. And we'll all float on.
Alright already, we'll all float on.
No don't you worry. We'll all float on.
Alright, already. We'll all float on.
Alright, don't worry. We'll all float on.

And we'll all float on.
Alright already, we'll all float on.
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy.
We'll all float on.

Alright already, we'll all float on.
Alright already, we'll all float on OK.
Don't worry, we'll all float on.
Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on.
Alright already, we'll all float on alright.
Don't you worry, we'll all float on.
We'll all float on
.

peace

No comments: