Sunday, June 8, 2008

it's all good

i gave my mom a bumper sticker two years ago that said

we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.

this was one of those weekends that i felt acutely aware of that. from making a rosary for julie's mama with julie and her sister out of her mama's beads, to the (marathon...hehe) funeral, to the family watching and taking care of and sharing space with my kiddos, to my spouse left at home with his own spirit stretching his physicality, to the sister who would help me close the lid on another day each night...oh, and then the sister-in-law who finished her first triathlon, too...it was an amazingly spiritual weekend. and it drained my physical body...let me tell you. but it's allllll good.

good to be home. good to have such beautiful family and friends. good to be alive.
peace

No comments: