Tuesday, March 17, 2009

other side?...

san francisco was awesome. we did so much...alcatraz, california academy of sciences, exploratorium, chinatown (twice), cartoon museum, muir beach, muir woods, dim sum everyday (burp)...and i think that's it. add in a couple of different dinners, and a chocolate cooking class i took with my bil and niece, plus many bus rides and long, long walks, and that's about all we did. i was freaking exhausted when i got home.

i had a cold the whole time, but hope like hell i can get over it now that i'm able to sleep in my own bed.

and my grandmother died saturday while i was gone. my sister called to tell me (have i ever mentioned how i am soooo glad my sister is my sister? like i'd marry her if she weren't my sister, she's just that awesome). grandmother's funeral is next monday, so the kids and i will attend. and i am really glad i drove the sunday before we left for san francisco to say good-bye to her.

since we've been home...we've found what looked like wendy's sweet and sour sauce in our gas tank (after picking it up from the airport parking garage) and also found a $100 a month charge on our credit card (since last october) that's not ours. good thing we took a vacation before this crap, huh? so that's what we've been working on since yesterday.

much more stuff to write about, but things are still going kind of quickly...hopefully it'll settle a little more soon.

peace

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! Feel better soon!

JO said...

Glad you're home and that you had a good time. I'm also glad you got to say good-bye to your grandmother.