Thursday, July 12, 2007

weary, but satisfied...(sorta)

laughing at myself...why? because it's never enough for me...it's always "sorta" or "kinda"... never wholly...

so we made it home. it's weird when people ask how the funeral was...i say, "fine." they say, "is that all?" and i think, what more should it have been? so then i say, "well, i think we were successful. we got her in the ground." and it gets quiet... oh well...they shouldn't have asked.

we buried my dad's cousin today. and i'm not hugely a part of that family...definitely nothing even remotely close to, well, close. but my grandma loves them and they grew up alongside my dad and his sibs and that's good enough for me. we don't know each other very well, but we're part of the same tribe. well, i guess i believe we're ALL part of the same tribe, but the guys at the funeral, we're locals or something. anyway, i think it was time well spent. my brothers and sister and i went with our mom to the viewing last night...that was quite serendipitous. and then my sis and the kids and i to the funeral today. i hope my memaw and aunt velma sleep well tonight. i love them both, but they looked like hell today...

and now i'm home. and that's all i'm going to say about that. i am too tired to judge the events of my evening, so i'm going to sleep on this stuff.

so many women to raise up...you're all in my heart...
peace

No comments: