Wednesday, April 2, 2008

crushing

keeping with the chipping theme...but really it's a crushing pain in my head. there are things pollinating here that i haven't had the opportunity to experience yet since we moved out here last june. my sinuses are revolting. and my whole face hurts...

the man i spoke of last night was leonard cohen. here's a well-known song he wrote...he has such a deep voice, although it's quite different to watch him in a video versus hearing his voice over the radio...



my heart was breaking today. maybe it was my face...maybe it's my hormones...maybe it's my sister's ex-girlfriend disappearing and my sister being so worried, but also so experienced and wise to the whole thing. there are so many things i am so naive about...addiction is one of them. and we are all so broken in our own ways. and while other people's brokenness may seem so much more extreme, so much more dysfunctional, i just know deep down we are so much more the same than we are different. maybe i just need an anti-depressant...

ok, that's about all the thinking i can handle...the crushing commences. but if i go back to the rock analogy, maybe this is just my brain taking care of all those useless worries bouncing around in my head all day?
peace/piece

No comments: