Friday, September 7, 2007

quick update on random stuff...

so i ran...not two miles, but one and three quarters. i was getting tired and my leg muscles were asking me to reconsider my goal, so i did. i am not a woman who can't be reasoned with...

but before i ran, i got in a huge argument with my oldest son. that was not on my list of things to do earlier, was it? i was going to do what was important...arguing with n, that just wasn't that important to me, yet, there we went...

i find parenting so difficult sometimes. the indigo girls have a line in one of their songs..."we're sculpted from youth, the chipping away makes me weary." and as neither of the girls has a child, i can only assume they're speaking of the chipping away they felt growing up that makes them weary. and i agree. it is weary-ing. but, i just want to throw out there, that it's no fucking picnic from the "chipper"s perspective either. that wears me down, too. because try as i might, i can't seem to stop. i don't think i'm supposed to, but i don't particularly enjoy it, either...

ok, just wanted to add that. sometimes i worry everything sounds so smooth in my blog. like, even the bumps are pretty well dealt with. and maybe they are. but i felt the need to add that all my noble wishes for doing what was important got a little side railed for awhile. i'm sure we'll be fine from this point on...(or, maybe from THIS point on....or THIS point on...) bahaha

peace out

No comments: