Thursday, October 18, 2007

surrender (alternate title: lay down and play dead)

not too dramatic a day... wanted to post this morning, but didn't feel a pull one way or the other. needed some psychic lysol after yesterday, but i don't work that way, so i guess i was just waiting to see how the day after such a crazy day would go...

my mom put her dog down tonight. and it's weird to me how emotional it makes me to type that. the way the vet supported my family through it all was pretty cool. i could see myself making a joke about it at a time far removed from now, but not tonight. she was a black lab, 13 years old. as old as my oldest son.... peace to you, zoomer....

and that's about it... everything else was fine today. most of our school work done, recycling taken, and we ate fried chicken (we'll pay for that later). i didn't bake like i wanted. there's always tomorrow...

peace

No comments: