Wednesday, October 22, 2008

musical day

i've been listening to brandi carlile all day today. my eldest is a little sick of it. but i've listened to him play red hot chili peppers over and over and not even complained, so i'm not caving on this....

there's this song she sings that reminds me of my friend, ken. i think i posted once about how ken says when one person sees a sunset, the best way to convey it to another is to point and say, "ugh"...or something to that effect. and this song makes me think of that, sort of...


and there's this other song i really like. it's called my song. and i'm not exactly sure who she's singing it to, but i sure like what she's saying and feel like i can relate her words to parts of my life. ironically, it's called my song.


there are many other songs on her cd that i love. but it would probably be kind of boring if i posted them all here...oh hell...here's one more...it's called wasted.

here are the lyrics

If you had eyes like golden crowns and diamonds in your fingertips you'd waste it
If shining wisdom passed your lips and traveled to the ears of god you'd waste it
And so I hate that your overrated most revered and celebrated cause you're wasted

Then again it's good to get a call
Now and then just to say hello
Have I said I hate to see you go...hate to see you go

Every time you close a door and nothing opens in its place you've wasted
And when you speak the words you know to those who know the words themselves you're wasted,
You're such a classic waste of cool, so afraid to break the rules in all the wrong places

Then again it's good to get a call
Now and then just to say hello
Have I said I hate to see you go...hate to see you go


yeah, i'm done...
peace

No comments: